Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mujo No Kaze Wins Inigo Film Festival Award


Mujo No Kaze, The film CAN produced in collaboration with Biola University has won an award!

Inigo Film-Festival in Sydney Australia has chosen our film to receive a significant honor — details will be announced later (we know what the award is, but want to honor their right to make the announcement first). But our film is listed on their site, and we have been told that actress Cate Blanchett is slated to be in Sydney for the awards ceremony on July 18, 2008.

Biola professor Dean Yamada wrote, “I think this is an auspicious start for Studio Re: (the CAN Film Project) and I hope it’s just the first of many great collaborations.”

Right now, I am in the US (Minnesota to be exact). I checked into going to Sydney for the July 18 awards event but the price is around $3,000!! So, as much as I would love to be there, I gave it up. Dean Yamada, and one or two Biola students, are planning to attend.

You can view the trailer below:



Or, a higher quality version here: MNK TRAILER

Our next Biola/CAN film project is in the "pre-production" stage -- which involves what has to happen before you shoot a film including: setting a budget, choosing a script, choosing staff and assigning roles, gathering equipment, and making sure all logistical issues are taken care of. Then, in Jan of 2009, Dean Yamada will bring a group of twelve Biola film majors to Tokyo to shoot our film.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

It is Kate Blanchett....not Blanchard

Paul Nethercott said...

Thanks for the comment, with your correction on the name!

Anonymous said...

Sorry again. It is Cate Blanchett.
Also, I was very involved in the first Inigo Film Festival as co-producer with Christof Wolf.
This year I took a break from it but am still following the events.
Too bad you could not make the event.

I look forward to seeing your film...I will get a DVD of the films from Christof.
Again congratulations. I am a documentary filmmaker, who co-produced, In Spite of Darkness, with Christof. www.in-spite-of-darkness.com and also another doc. "On the Line", www.onthelinefilm.com.
Best of luck and prayers for the work you are doing to inspire and transform lives.
Ron Schmidt, S.J.
P.S. I am aware of Biola's film program here in the Los Angeles area.